My son and my husband hate fish. But we actually need it in our diet so once a week I try to incorporate some type of sea food, because this is the only thing they eat from the actual sea: shrimp and calamari. Our favourite dinner is this easy shrimp stir fry with a quick salad. The recipe is really fast and easy, it involves a little bit of meal prep in the morning and at night, when you get home, you can have dinner ready in less than 10 minutes.
And this is definitely a high protein dinner idea!
Here is what you need for dinner with shrimp and salad:
- 500 g frozen shrimp
- one bag or a bowl
- garlic powder
- olive oil
How to make schrimp and salad, easy dinner idea!
- Thaw the shrimp in a big bawl of warm water. Let sit for a half an hour and then take them out on paper kitchen towels and pat dry.
- Take out the tails and place the shrimp in a bag or in a bowl.
- In the bag put the salt, pepper, oregano, paprika, garlic powder and olive oil, leave in the fridge covered for a minimum of 30 minutes and a maximum of 4 hours.
- When you are ready to cook, take out the shrimp from the fridge.
- In a non stick skillet, place 1 spoon of butter, on medium high heat. Put in the melted butter all the shrimp. Cook for about 10 minutes, flipping them every 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, put together the cut up tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, onion and mozarella.
- Mix the salad with salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Plate the shrimp, the salad and the bread.
This is a very light dinner, but very filling and delicious. Really hits the spot every time for us!
One portion is about 433 calories, very high in protein and fibers.