Cous cous salad is one my go to lunches on days when I just don’t have the time to cook. I prepare it 2 days in advance and then I have it ready in the fridge for me whenever I am hungry. O should I say hangry? :)) What I love about this salad is that it’s very filling, it hits the spot with the cous cous in it, it also has a little bit of sweetness to it from the raisins and the feta is absolutely amazing, as you all know! Plus, the edamame ads a little bit of crunch and that extra protein that we all need! What is perfect is that you use green onions, so there is no funky smell if you take it with you to the office, for example. Please try out this dish, tag me if you do to see your results and let me know what you think!
Thank you so much for believing in my project, I think you are all amazing! Please like, share and follow DoseofJoanna!
Follow my socials:
I am so grateful for each and every follower, like and share, view and comment! You are a true treasure for this project, thank you for supporting this journey!
Recipe Cous cous salad Dose of Joanna style
1 cup cous cous
1 cup hot water
half cup edamame
2 spring onions
half cup crumbled feta cheese
quarter cup raisins
3 tbs olive oil
1. Prepare the sauce in a small ball by adding 2 tbs olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
2. In a bigger bowl add 1 cup cous cous, 1 cup hot water (or just enough to cover the cous cous), cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
3. In a small sauce pan add 1 tbs olive oil, the edamame, salt, pepper and onion powder, to taste. Fry gently on low-medium heat for 2-3 minutes, until the edamame is heated through.
4. Cut up 2 spring onions, 1 cucumber, prepare the feta cheese and the raisins.
5. Uncover and fluff up the cous cous. In the same bowl where the cous cous is, add all the prepared ingredients (edamame, cucumber, spring onions, feta cheese, raisins) and the sauce.
6. Stir and enjoy.
7. You can eat immediately or store in the fridge for up to 4 days, covered.
8. Check the taste! Do you need more salt, pepper or maybe lemon juice? I always add at the end more raisins, just because I love the sweet taste coming through.
9. Enjoy and let me know how it is!!
10. So good for my state of mind and my body! This bowl adds up to 500 calories, for me it has 3 servings. Thank you for helping me grow! Like, share and subscribe to my channel! You are amazing! www.doseofjoanna.com
VIDEO on how to make my favourite cous cous salad: